Sunday, January 04, 2009

Winter Fun

Have you ever seen your child having so much fun it brings tears to your eyes? Well, today...it happened to me. He had so much fun sledding and saying "let's do it again" at least a million times! The joy was pure and glorious.
We started with the idea of a quick family trip to play in the snow....but the closest snow that was deep or fresh enough to play in ended up being about 1 1/2 hrs away. We got everyone dressed and ready to play and I whipped out my camera only to discover that I left the memory card at home. I was quite frustrated with myself! We decided to get back in the car and drive the next 20 minutes to buy a new card. It turned out to be a fantastic decision. We ended up going into S. Lake T.ahoe and having a blast.

We took the gondola up to Hea.ven.ly ski res0rt.

Kainoa had the MOST fun sledding over and over and over.


The best ending to the day was that the trip home was smooth sailing the whole way...not a bit of traffic and Kainoa got in a pretty good almost 2 hr nap.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Looks like it was a blast! You'll have to let me know the spot you found. We still haven't taken the kids yet. And Happy (belated) Anniversary to you and Timi!!!