Friday, December 07, 2007

Cooking with Kainoa


I have so many wonderful memories of cooking with my parents and grandparents. We were always encouraged to help in the kitchens of our youth. Everyone in our family cooks....some great memories include Grandpa George cracking walnuts with a very dangerous looking nutcracking contraption (not the cute Nutcracker from the ballet), making pasties with Gramma Uren and Grandma Ruth, my dad making pancakes with the grandkids, my mom teaching us about measuring and sharing favorite recipes, even the smell of my Grandpa Ed's liver and onions....yes, cooking and baking are definitely in my roots and am I glad about that!


Last week, I got the deep craving for an apple pie (not a regular craving for me...mine usually revolve something chocolate and gooey). I also wanted to make the pie...just a simple pie. So, I thought...it's time Kainoa gets his hands dirty and hopefully, begin to develop an appreciation for fresh from our kitchen goodness and take pride in his contribution to it. And, if I may say so myself, we all enjoyed the results!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog. Thanks for all the fun pics! You've inspired me to get back to blogging again. I've been a slacker lately. Talk to you soon!

Katrina :)

Stoddard Family Blog said...

Kainoa is such a doll! I can't believe how big he has gotten!! I bet Christmas was a ton of fun this year! I look at your blog every now and then...its always fun to see what you guys are up to. Happy Holidays!
-Kristen Stoddard